The Georgia Department of Transportation recently started displaying digital safety messages that are a bit sassy. They felt like the old messages of "Click or ticket" had lost their effectiveness. They sponsored an online competition, with the GDOT receiving hundreds of suggestions. Messages include:
- “You look great but the selfie can wait”
- “No one wants to see traffic on Snapchat, Brenda.”
- “Wearing a seat belt makes you look thinner”
- “If you don’t wear a seat belt, please be an organ donor.”
- “Driving half lit is not very bright.”
- It's OK if you missed your exit. We made more up ahead.
- BETTER LATE THAN NEVER
- POP QUIZ, WHAT IS THE SPEED LIMIT ON THIS ROAD?
Since these signs are digital there are no new costs. They just retype the messages!