Everyone has their own holiday traditions, especially when it comes to what they’re eating on Christmas. We all have our favorites, but according to Delish, these are the most classic Christmas recipes in each state. For South Carolina it's Pecan Pie!
- California: Stuffing- It’s a holiday classic, but Delish says California’s take on stuffing is usually loaded with more fruits and veggies than the rest of the country.
- Connecticut: Turkey- This is the most-searched food term in this state around the holidays.
- Florida: Cranberry Sauce- The Sunshine State likes a big hit of citrus in theirs
- Georgia: Green Bean Casserole- It doesn’t get more traditional than this old-school comfort food.
- Louisiana: Gumbo In Louisiana, it's always Gumbo season
- Maryland: Crab Cakes- In Maryland, it’s always crab cake season.
- New Jersey: Fish- Seven fishes, specifically, thanks to New Jersey’s “heavy Italian culinary influences.”
- New York: Gingerbread Cookies- New Yorkers know these holiday treats are a crowd pleaser.
- North Carolina: Christmas Dressing This carb-heavy stuffing is not only wildly delicious, but is also so special to North Carolinians
- Pennsylvania: Goose- Forget about chickens and turkeys, In PA, they go for the big birds at Christmas.
- Texas: Deep-Fried Turkey- Why roast it when you can deep-fry it?
- Virginia: Mince Pies- This is the first time mince meat pies have made the list, but they’re about as traditional as Christmas meals can get.
See the entire list here