In the Bible God says leave getting back at people to Him. Deuteronomy 32:35 says To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence;. But you've probably noticed that people prefer to do that for themselves.
- Two thirds of both men and women admit to being vengeful.
- Of those people, almost 40% have actually taken their revenge on at least one occasion, while some have taken their revenge as many as four times.
- But apparently some folks like to wait to take their revenge, with only 14.4% exacting revenge immediately, sometimes within a minute.
- Others like to wait, with 36% saying revenge took a week to serve, while 23% waited one to four weeks.
- Some are even willing to wait longer, with 21% waiting between a month to a year, and 5% taking more than a year.
So, in what ways have people sought revenge against others? Well, according to the survey types of revenge include:
- Damaging a car
- Disclosing secrets or making false accusations
- Trying to get someone fired
- Belittling or humiliating someone
- Parking a car in front of a garage
- Breaking a promise
If someone waited a year to get revenge on me I doubt I'd even remember what they were mad at me to begin with! Plus I would think the one planning their revenge that long would be the biggest loser in the equation because they would be carrying a lot of anger with them for that year.