BuzzFeed asked their readers to share what universally beloved thing would be an instant red flag if someone said they hated it.
The answers are a surprising mix of things, including:
- "Hugh Jackman — he can sing, dance, play an action hero, and one of the nicest, down to earth guys in showbiz; love him."
- "I get not liking the lines or the crowds at the theme parks or hating a specific movie, but I don’t trust people who can’t find at least a little bit of joy in Disney, Marvel, or ‘Star Wars.’"
- "Betty White. She was absolutely beloved."
- "The Beatles. Really? You hate ALL their songs???"
- "Keanu Reeves. He is a national treasure of a human being."
- "The Muppets. Literally, they're just pure joy."
- "Mister Rogers. I just think anyone who doesn’t like him or ‘Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood’ is an unkind person."
- "‘Toy Story movies’. You gotta like at least one of them, and if you don't, you're probably dead inside."
- "Unless you have a dietary reason you can't eat it, my red flag would have to be pizza."
- "One of my ex friends always said she didn’t like ice cream. Emphasis on the EX friend — total red flag looking back now."
- "Going on vacation. If someone doesn't like taking some time off, even if it's just for a stay-cation, then I seriously question them."
- "Animation in general. Obviously, you won't like everything, but anyone who just 'doesn't like cartoons' gets a big NOPE from me."
- "Tom Hanks or Bob Ross. Never heard someone say a bad thing about them, and I hope not to."
- "Music. There is just no way you can say you hate all music!!!"
- "Not liking the outdoors. I get not loving bugs or all types of weather, but when someone says 'I hate nature,' I just want to get as far away from them as possible."
- "The movie ‘Titanic.’ If it doesn’t reduce you to a blubbering mess of goo by the end, you’re dead inside."
- "Animals, in general, but specifically dogs and cats."
- And lastly: "Hmmm, nobody mentioned Dolly Parton, so I’ll add that one to the list."