For the past few years we've read survey's showing that employees prioritized time off and flexible hours over salary. Then it became about extra's. Like free massages at work or a ping pong table. Well inflation just smacked all that to the curb.
A new CareerBuilder survey finds:
- Money is a top priority for most folks in the workplace.
- In fact, 47% of those polled say a good salary is the thing they most appreciate about their job, along with job security.
- And money is even more important than time.
- 66% of employees say they would prefer a 10% pay increase rather than an additional week of PTO.
- When it comes to salary, 89% of employees expect an annual pay increase from their employer.
- 46% want at least a 5% raise.
- 16% expect a 10% raise or more each year.
- Men or more likely than women to expect at least a 5% raise (57% vs. 36%).