Wallet Hub has compiled their list of 2022’s Best Summer Travel Destinations. They judged 100 of the largest metro areas on 43 indicators in areas of Travel Costs & Hassles, Local Costs, Attractions and Weather.
Not too surprising, topping the list is the Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, Florida Metro Area, home of Disney World and other popular theme parks, perfect for vacations with the kids. However Columbia SC has made it too!
Top Ten Best Summer Travel Destinations
(click here to see the complete list)
- Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL Metro Area
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV Metro Area
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL Metro Area
- Austin-Round-Rock-Georgetown, TX Metro Area
- Salt Lake City, UT Metro Area
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim Metro Area
- Urban Honolulu, HI Metro Area
- Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MI-WI Metro Area
- Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN Metro Area
- San Antonio-New Braunfels, TX Metro Area
Coming in 12th was Charleston. Columbia was 23rd, nudging out NYC at #24! Augusta at 42. Charlotte was 50 and Greenville 51. Myrtle Beach didn't make the top 100.