A new survey of women between the ages of 42 to 57 finds:
- The average woman hasn’t had their hair their natural color since 2019.
- 49% have been dying their hair a color other than what they were born with between two and six years.
- 32% say they barely remember what their natural color is anymore.
- And another 32% in relationships don’t think their partner even knows what their real color hair is.
- 46% are sure that nobody actually knows they color their hair.
And many started coloring their hair pretty young.
- Two-thirds of those polled say they started coloring their hair before 30.
- The average respondent has had about five different hair colors throughout their life.
- As for the top reasons women color their hair, they include:
- To keep themselves looking young (28%)
- To express themselves (28%)
- Boredom (21%)
- It was recommended by a spouse or partner (21%)
- To embrace their age (21%)
- Their hairdresser suggested it (20%)
And when we talk hair color, we don’t necessarily mean blonde, brunette or red.
- In fact, one third of women say they’ve considered coloring their hair a unique color, including:
- Purple (41%)
- Pink (38%)
- Blue (35%)