When most people are single they dream about finding their soul mate, their forever partner. But for those who do have a spouse what do they miss about being single?
Someone on Reddit posed the question, “Married people of Reddit, what do you miss about being single?,” and folks definitely had some thoughts.
- “Things being where I left them.”
- “Not having to justify myself to another adult if I'm getting takeout 2 days in a row.”
- “Not having to share my leftovers. When I was single I could treat myself to Chinese food and the leftovers were mine. Now I have to be considerate and share, it's terrible 😝.”
- “Ahh, cleaning the way I want. I have a thing about liking to clean when no one else is around, just because how I do it takes time and has a weird system to it.”
- “Just being alone and being able to do whatever I want.”
- “Sleeping in the middle of the bed like a starfish. Also eating in bed and having 5 pillows to myself.”
- “Quietness………. Except for tv, music of video games it was so quiet in my house . Now a wife and 3 little girls it’s a mad house. Sometimes when it’s just me and the dog I look over and apologize to him.”
- “I could go without all the rank-a** farts.”
- “The excitement of first dating someone you like.”
- “Controlling the remote at all times. Watching ANYTHING without constant streaming commentary.”
- “Traveling alone. I mean I could travel alone if I really wanted, but it would feel kinda mean to be like ‘hey I'm gonna plan a really big cool trip, and you're not invited!’”
- “Money. My money was my money to do whatever I wanted.”