Have you ever argued with your friends about the best sitcoms?
Rolling Stone writers must have been having that fight and deiced to compile their list of the best 100 TV sitcoms of all time.
They considered the following criteria – a consistent group of characters and settings, how much we laughed, how much they influenced the shows that followed, how well they reflected the world around them, and, on occasion, how deeply they made us feel emotions beyond mirth.
Here’s a look at the top 10 shows. You can see the rest HERE.
- “The Simpsons” (Fox, 1989-present)
- “Cheers” (NBC, 1982-1993)
- “Seinfeld” (NBC, 1989-1998)
- “I Love Lucy” (CBS, 1951-1957)
- “All in the Family” (CBS, 1071-1979)
- “M*A*S*H*” (CBS, 1972-1983)
- “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” (CBS, 1970-1977)
- “The Honeymooners” (CBS, 1955-1956)
- “Parks and Recreation” (NBC, 2009-2015)
- “The Larry Sanders Show” (HBO, 1992-1998)