The American Society of Plastic Surgeons has come out with their annual list of the most popular plastic surgery procedures, both surgical and minimally invasive. The report notes that the number of procedures did decline in 2020 due to COVID, with plastic surgeons not performing elective procedures for an average of 8-point-1 weeks, or 15% of the year.
Women are the patients in about 87% of plastic surgery procedures. A survey finds that 11% of women are more interested in procedures now than they were before the pandemic. 35% of women who have had at least one cosmetic procedure plan to spend more money on procedures this year.
The Top Five Surgical Procedures
- Nose reshaping (352,555 procedures)
- Eyelid surgery (352,112 procedures)
- Facelift (234,374 procedures)
- Liposuction (211,067 procedures)
- Breast augmentation (193,073 procedures)
The Top Five Minimally Invasive Procedures
- Botulinum toxin type A (4.4 million procedures)
- Soft tissue fillers (3.4 million procedures)
- Laser skin resurfacing (997,245 procedures)
- Chemical peel (931,473 procedures)
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment (827,409 procedures)