Reddit’s Ask/Men section posed the question, “What did you not know or realize until after living with a woman?,” and the answers were pretty interesting.
- "Apparently, showering and washing your hair are separate events."
- "Apparently, cleaning the toilet on the regular is much, much more important than I'd previously thought."
- "To get rid of bangs you don't just cut them off."
- "Pockets are very rare for women's pants. Several years married and still shocked by this."
- “The places that their hair will turn up..."
- "Hair ties actually disappear faster than MIA socks. Until you find 20 in a kitchen drawer."
- "That she owns only one truly GOOD BRA. There is only one and part of your duty as a man is to protect the Good Bra.”
- "Period panties. I wasn't shocked or disgusted by it because I wasn't a 12-year-old; it was just like, 'Huh. Yeah, I guess I'd have a separate selection of underwear to use when I'm menstruating, too. Why the hell would I ruin all of my sexy underwear?'"
- "Be sure to have a trashcan in every bathroom."
- "Fancy makeup takes a long time."
- "That moisturizer goes on the body too."
- "I’ve been doing laundry wrong my whole life."