A new Life Time survey finds:
- 70% of people say their personal health was negatively impacted in 2020.
- The main reasons include:
- Overall stress from pandemic (44.5%)
- The closure of gyms (31.8%)
- Working from home leading to less motivation to exercise (15.2%)
- Overall, 70.5% of people say they lost their motivation to work out from home.
- 86% miss their in-person workout community.
- 76% believe health clubs should be considered an essential business and allowed to stay open.
But after the hardships of last year, a lot of people are finding their motivation again.
- 80.5% say they have found the inspiration to make a health goal for the New Year.
- Those goals include:
- Focus on weight loss (34.2%)
- Building muscle (22%)
- Emphasize mental health (12.5%)