Fire officials have been warned that cats can potentially cause house fires. The warning comes after more than 100 house fires were started by cats over the past three years. The Seoul Metropolitan Fire and Disaster Department said that a total of 107 house fires were caused by cats between January 2019 and November 2021. The department says many cats started the fires by accidentally turning on electric stoves and jumping on touch-sensitive buttons. To avoid catastrophe, pet owners are advised to remove flammable objects, like paper towels, from nearby stoves.
On a related note, check out cats playing with candles.