Jonathon & Kathy, a couple in Florida had stepped out of the house to visit friends down the street, then their worst nightmare came true. Jonathon received a notification on his phone from his Amazon Echo that indicated their house was on fire.
Jonathon says, “I open the app and listen to it and sure enough, we could hear crackling, the smoke alarm. It was going absolutely crazy.”
Their first thought was about their 5 month old puppy being in the house.
“He’s literally our little boy,” said Kathy.
This situation does have a happy ending though.
“Luckily, he was in his pen area, so I didn’t have to go searching for him. I pulled him out, put him in the car and the fire department showed up minutes later,” said Jonathan.