A new thread on the anonymous Whisper app has women revealing the things they regret not getting to do before saying “I Do” .
- “I regret not getting to know my husband better before getting married. I think it would have made our marriage easier, it has been quite the challenge.”
- “Traveling and seeing the world. I was much younger and my husband has no desire to travel. I’ll end up doing it alone in my late 40s and early 50s.”
- “I really wish I got a place of my own before getting married. I went form my parents home to a college dorm with roommates to living with my now husband. I never experienced life without roommates.”
- “I regret not saying no when they asked. Happily divorced and dating someone better almost 4 years now.”
- “I wish I partied more and just was single for a bit when I was younger. I got married when I was 24. I love my husband but I was way too young.”
- “I wish I got to know my husband’s family better before marriage. They’re so unbearable and I’m unsure I would have married him if I knew them better.”
- “I wish I had a baby before I married. My husband is lovely but he has 4 kids and is done with raising kids. I sacrificed being a mom for him, but I wish I already had one of my own.”