According to The Original Tooth Fairy Poll, conducted by Delta Dental, the Tooth Fairy is being a little more generous this year.
The survey finds:
- 80% of households say their kids get a visit from the tooth fairy.
- Most parents say they do it in order to give their kids something to get excited about.
- 45% say it gives them a reason to celebrate, while 42% say it makes their child feel special.
- A third of respondents say the Tooth Fairy helps inspire good oral health habits.
As for how much the Tooth Fairy is paying out this year:
- The average Tooth Fairy payout is $4.03, which is an increase of 30 cents over last year.
- That’s more than triple the amount since Delta Dental began tracking Tooth Fairy payouts in 1998 when it was just $1.30.