There’s no doubt the coronavirus quarantine was stressful, and for a lot of people that meant a lot of stress eating, which resulted in them putting on extra pounds. That's where the COVID-19 lbs joke started. Well, turns out that was pretty close.
- 76% of those polled say they gained up to 16 pounds during quarantine.
- 74% of people say that when their daily routine was thrown off it caused them stress.
- 76% of people say that increased stress resulted in them snacking more.
- 60% admit their diets were thrown off during self-isolation.
- 69% said they started snacking more out of a lack of anything to do.
- 65% have been mostly eating comfort foods during isolation.
But folks aren’t ready to give up and accept the added weight.
- 63% of respondents say they are focused on getting in shape post-quarantine.
- 64% are feeling a bigger desire to eat healthier.
- 63% are prioritizing improving their diet.