When looking for love, you and your significant other aren’t likely to agree on everything, but, according to a new poll, there’s at least one difference that’s a total deal breaker for most people, and it’s probably not at all that surprising.
- A new Dating.com poll finds that differing political views can end a relationship before it even gets started.
- 84% of singles say they would never date someone who didn’t have the same political views as them.
- 67% of those who say that were female, while 17% were male.
- 67% of users have ended a relationship over differing political views.
- 72% of those on the site would rather know you voted than who you voted for.
- Interestingly, the site says they’ve seen a 43% increase in political discussions on the platform.
- Yet, more than half of those polled said bringing up politics is a turn off, which would result in them ghosting someone.