People Magazine has a list of the best books to read to your kids. If you’re ready to read to your kiddos, try one of these children’s books you’ll both love.
- “The Phantom Tollbooth” by Norton Juster- It’s full of kooky characters who teach kids about common sense.
- “Look Both Ways” by Jason Reynolds- This story shows the challenges and roadblocks kids can encounter while walking home from school.
- “The Princess Bride” by William Goldman- The novel’s opening line, “This is my favorite book in all the world, though I have never read it,” kicks off the ideal book to read to your kids, whether they’ve seen the movie or not.
- “She’s Got This” by Laurie Hernandez- It’s not often you get a book written by a Gold Medal-winning Olympic gymnast and “New York Times” bestselling author, but this one is. The picture book about Zoe, a young gymnast, is a reminder not to give up and a message little ones need.
- “What Do You Say, Dear” by Sesyle Joslin- This book is illustrated by Maurice Sendak, known for the book, “Where the Wild Things Are,” and it’s a silly guide to manners. It’s funny enough to make adults laugh, too, and you won’t get tired of reading it again and again.
- “City Spies” by James Ponti- An adventure about a tween foster kid and computer hacker who gets recruited into a British spy ring of kids, it’s a story you and your kids will love.
- “Where Do Balloons Go? An Uplifting Mystery” by Jamie Lee Curtis- The actress’ story explores the places balloons travel when you let go and it’s silly, creative rhymes make it even more fun.