According to a new survey that was commissioned by Cerave skincare and conducted by One Poll
- The average American makes six excuses daily, which results in 2,190 excuses each year.
- 35% of people make daily excuses to avoid exercising, while a third will make an excuse to avoid eating healthy.
Among the other things people make excuses for:
- 33% have an excuse to run that errand next week.
- 32% make an excuse for not having time to work out.
- 31% claim they don’t have energy to cook a healthy meal.
- 40% make excuses for buying something they didn’t need.
- 36% make an excuse for binge watching TV.
- 34% make excuses for not cleaning once a month.
As for what are the most common excuses people use for not doing what they should be doing, they include:
- I’m too tired (49%)
- I don’t have enough money (48%)
- I don’t have enough time (48%)
- It’s too inconvenient (31%)
- I’m too forgetful (28%)