- Americans’ top goal for 2020 is to get their finances in order.
- 35% of people want to get out of debt, while 34% of people want to become more organized.
- Another huge goal is to buy a home, with a third of those polled looking to do so in 2020.
- And even if they aren’t buying a house, 55% of people do have house-related goals, like:
- Upgrade their appliances (58%)
- Install smart home technology (53%)
- redecorate (51%)
- remodel at least one room in their house (47%)
- As for other non-household related goals:
- 28% of people want to exercise more in 2020.
- 21% of people want to learn a new skill.
So, will 2020 be the year they actually fulfill their goals?
- Well, 84% of people say 2020 is the year they’re going to do it.
- As for what’s keeping them from achieving their goals, 58% of people say money is their biggest challenge. Other challenges include:
- Willpower (48%)
- Motivation (45%)
- Proper research (35%)