A new poll finds more and more Americans would rather see some new options at their holiday table.
According to the poll…
- 26% of Americans are tired of traditional Thanksgiving food and would like to see alternative food options at their holiday table.
- 45% of Americans have already started offering alternative foods for Thanksgiving, and 43% would be open to an alternative Thanksgiving.
The poll finds that 64% of Americans would be willing to swap out the traditional turkey for Thanksgiving, with 30% already having done so. Other ways of changing up Thanksgiving include:
- Going out to eat instead of having a home-cooked meal (35%)
- Traveling for the holiday/going on vacation (33%)
- Incorporating non-traditional sides into the meal (33%)
- Trying new spins on conventional dishes (32%)
As for the meal itself, it seems there are plenty of traditional Thanksgiving dishes that people think are highly overrated. The include:
- Cranberry sauce (37%)
- Sweet potatoes (27%)
- Green beans (25%)
- Macaroni and cheese (24%)
- Turkey (24%)