We are down to crunch time for Halloween 2019. So what will you do for a costume for you or your kid? If you're still thinking about it, here's some of our favorites.
ThisParty City costume. For $49.99 you can buy the “Super Mom” outfit that includes a superhero mask for Super Mom and a shirt with a “Super Mom” patch on the chest, a strand of faux pearls, an apron, and four extra foam arms, all holding stuff moms use. There’s a cellphone, a whisk, a grocery list, a credit card, and an iron.
Or you could go DIY on your costume with these ideas from Glamour.
These DIY costumes can be made with things you’ve probably already got in your wardrobe.
- “Little Women”- The new movie version starring Emma Watson is coming out in December, so it’s a great time to make use of that prairie dress you bought. According toLyst, this costume is trending, so grab your all-over floral dresses and basket bags and you’re all set.
- “Fleabag” - If you loved that black jumpsuit she wore in the first episode of season two of the Amazon Prime series, this is your chance to turn it into a costume.
- Nancy Pelosi’s Viral Coat- When the Speaker of the House was seen wearing her orangy-red coat when she left the White House last year, people took note. It was such a big thing that it even compelledthe brand to reissuethe same exact style. So pull out your red-collarless red coat and add a gavel if you’re going all out.
- “Us”- Want to go the scary route with your Halloween costume instead? It doesn’t get much more creepy than the Tethered from “Us.” All you really need are red coveralls, but if you want to add more, find some brown driving gloves, gold scissors, and a toy rabbit to complete the look.
- “Gossip Girl”- This costume is so easy to put together, all you really need is a white button-down, a mini skirt, and a headband to dress like a Constance girl.
Spirit Halloween has just come out with their 2019 Spirit Halloween Hotlist, revealing this year’s hottest costumes. They include:
- Fortnite and Borderlands: Popular costumes include Fortnite’s Merry Marauder, Drift and Tomato Head, as well as a Boderland collection, Assassin's Creed, Minecraft, Overwatch and Halo
- Stranger Things: Netflix’s popular spooky series will inspire costumes like Eleven, Steve, Hopper and more.
- Baby Shark Doo Doo!: The popularity of Baby Shark is bound to inspire lots of costumes, along with Mommy, Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa Sharks too.
- Pop culture favorites: “The Office’s” Dwight, characters from “Cobra Kai” and more are a hit.
- Anime Heroes: Costumes from “Bleach,” “Baruto,” “Naruto,” “My Hero Academia” and “Dragon Ball Z” will be big hits this year
- Halloween Horror classics: Some costumes never go out of style, including Mike Myers, Chucky and more.
Of course it's really about the kids outfits and that's why we love this video of kids "winning Halloween". There's a lot of great ideas here.