Wallet Hub has released their 2020 College & University Rankings, revealing the top performing schools with the lowest costs to undergrads. They looked at almost 1,000 institutions, judging them on 33 key factors in categories such as Cost & Financing, Career Outcomes, Student Selectivity and more.
- Topping the list of the best overall institution is Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which scores a 78.38 out of 100, landing at number one for Career Outcomes, and in the Top Ten for Faculty Resources and Student Selectivity.
- MIT also tops WalletHubs list judging just universities.
- Swarthmore College, in Pennsylvania, tops the list of the Best Colleges (colleges don’t typically offer advance degrees, and tend to be smaller than universities).
Top Ten Best Colleges & Universities For 2020
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology – Massachusetts
- Harvard University – Massachusetts
- Princeton University – New Jersey
- Yale University – Connecticut
- Stanford University – California
- California Institute of Technology – California
- Duke University – North Carolina
- University of Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania
- Northwestern University – Illinois
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill – North Carolina
So how did the South Carolina schools do?
Clemson is the only 1 to crack the top 100 at number 94 and Presbyterian rounded out the state at number 491.
94 Clemson University
223 Furman University
252 Wofford College
331 North Greenville University
336 University of South Carolina
386 Columbia International University
482 University of South Carolina - Aiken
491 Presbyterian College