Stranger saves choking baby at restaurant

A North Carolina family had a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving after a stranger saved their baby girl’s life. Hannah Marie Jarvis was celebrating the holiday with her family at a Golden Corral restaurant when her seven-month-old daughter, Calli, started to choke on her mashed potatoes.

A server first tried to help Jarvis and baby Calli, but then she yelled out to see if anyone else in the restaurant could help and that’s when fellow diner Deborah Rouse stepped up. Rouse performed the Heimlich maneuver on the baby and after a couple blows to her back, Calli started breathing again.

Jarvis shared the scary story on Facebook and thanked Rouse for saving her baby’s life. “This lady is a hero!” her post reads. “If it weren’t for this angel, my daughter probably would have been wheeled away in an ambulance today.”

Rouse eventually saw the post from Jarvis and later reposted it and the photo of her holding baby Calli, with a caption reading, “What a blessing!! What a Thanksgiving!”

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content