With Thanksgiving just a week away, people are getting serious about their menus. While turkey is the centerpiece of most dinners for this holiday, the feast is nothing without the side dishes. Some make an appearance on the table every year on Turkey Day and new research reveals what the most popular sides are.
- Google is sharing the most-searched side dishes in each state, based on data from the last month.
- Casseroles are always popular for Thanksgiving and are the most searched overall.
- Green bean casserole tops the list, it’s the most-searched side in 19 states.
- Corn casserole, sweet potato casserole, broccoli casserole and mac and cheese are also popular searches for holiday sides.
The most-searched side dishes in each state, according to Google
- Green bean casserole - Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wisconsin
- Corn casserole - Alabama, Indiana and Nevada
- Sweet potato casserole - Arkansas, Florida, Michigan, Oklahoma and West Virginia
- Stuffing - California, Delaware and Missouri
- Broccoli casserole - Georgia and Kentucky
- Mac and cheese - Montana and Pennsylvania
- Twiced baked potatoes - Idaho and Nebraska
- Mashed potatoes - South Carolina and Utah
- Cornbread - New Jersey and Virginia
Each of these side dishes were only the most-searched in one state:
- Bruschetta - Hawaii
- Coleslaw - Illinois
- Cucumber salad - Kansas
- Corn salad - Maryland
- Roasted potatoes - New York
- Smoked mashed potatoes - North Dakota
- Scalloped potatoes - Ohio
- Potato salad - Tennessee
- Gratin potatoes - Vermont
- Roasted carrots - Washington, D.C.
- Creamy polenta - Wyoming