A Bloomberg survey of 1,000 Americans who make at least $175-thousand a year - which puts them in the top 10% of U.S. tax filers - asked how rich or poor they feel and found some of the wealthiest don’t consider themselves to be.
The poll finds:
- A quarter consider say they’re “getting by but things are tight.”
- Only half say they’re “comfortable,” while just 25% say they feel “rich” or “very rich.”
- Even some of the respondents making $5-million or more say they're “getting by but things are tight.”
- Almost 60% of the respondents admit they worry about money.
- About 25% say they don’t think they’ll be better off financially than their parents.
- 20% have considered moving to a different part of the country where taxes are lower and the cost of living is cheaper.