Raven-Symoné took to TikTok to reveal that people have been mispronouncing her name wrong. Since her days as a childhood star on Disney, the actress’ name has been said “Raven Sim-moan,” but her video clarifies it’s actually “See-mon-ye Like Yay.”
These are some of the other celeb names we’ve been saying wrong all this time:
- Adele - In a Q&A with fans, the singer let us know we’ve been mispronouncing her name. It’s “Uh-dale,” not “Ah-dell,” she explained after complimenting a fan who nailed it, noting, “She said my name perfectly.”
- Lindsay Lohan - The actress also low-key corrected fans about her name when she made her debut on TikTok, highlighting that we’ve been stressing the wrong syllable of her last name. She pronounces it “Lo-hen,” instead of “LO-han”
- Chrissy Teigen - Fans were shocked when the model and cookbook author tweeted a video about the real way to say her last name. Rather than “tee-gen,” like we thought, it’s actually “tie-gen.” “I’m tired of living this lie,” she says in the clip. “It’s ‘tie-gen.’”
- Zendaya - During an interview, the star let us know it’s “zen-day-ah,” instead of “zen-die-yah.”
- Rihanna - While talking to “Showbiz Tonight,” the singer set the record straight, explaining that while most people had been saying it “ree-ah-nah,” it’s actually “ree-ann-ah.”
- Ariana Grande - This star threw us when she pronounced her own last name as "grand-ee," not "grand-ay" during an interview.
- Taylor Lautner - We had no idea we were saying his name wrong until the actor pronounced it “Lowt-ner,” instead of “Lot-ner” in a TikTok for “E! News”
- Amanda Seyfried - Think it’s “say-fried?” Nope, it’s “sigh-fred,” according to the actress herself.
- Jake Gyllenhaal - This Swedish last name is a little tricky, but most folks say it “jill-en-hal.” However, on “Conan,” the star shared that it’s actually ‘yeel-en-hall,” joking that the only places it’s pronounced correctly are Sweden and Ikea.