A husband in Maine is sharing the hilarious reasons he’s had to apologize to his wife over the years. Leighton has gone viral after posting videos on Instagram and TikTok of himself listing the seemingly small things he’s told the Mrs. he was sorry for - including windy weather. “I went upstairs for the night without announcing it,” he jokes in one of the videos. “I’m currently working on a solo performance - like the scene in ‘The Sound of Music’ where they do a big number on their way to bed.”
Leighton also reveals that he has apologized to his wife for:
- “Wanting to watch something other than a house hunting show.”
- For braking hard in the car. “Next, I applied the brakes in order to save our lives, but I underestimated the trauma the change in momentum would create for her,” he teases.
- “A guy in a show we were watching cheated on his wife — and this led to a detailed explanation of what would happen to me in that situation.”
- “I was standing in the kitchen when she wanted to open a drawer in front of me,” the husband says. “Obviously, I should’ve dove out of the way as soon as I sensed her lightest movement.”
- “I also used the kitchen the same day it was being cleaned once — but never again,” he adds.
- “I had to apologize because I sprained my ankle and had a moon boot on,” he recalls. “But I was walking too loudly up the stairs — clearly, the thing to do would be to lay down on my good leg and silently drag my body up the stairs using the railing.”
- “I was standing in the kitchen when she wanted to open a drawer in front of me,” he shares. “Obviously, I should’ve dove out of the way as soon as I sensed her lightest movement.”
- “I couldn’t hear her … probably because she was talking to me from two rooms away while I was cooking bacon,” he shares in one video. “Obviously, I’ve just got to follow her around in case she decides to start talking to me.”