65% of Americans do indeed believe that money can buy happiness. A big reason is because many feel having money can help them achieve certain big milestones, including:
- Being able to buy a home (52%)
- Being able to pay for their child’s education (48%)
- Being able to afford the perfect gift for a friend or loved one (45%)
And it doesn’t necessarily have to be something big, with the average person saying they spend about $53 a week on things that make them happy. Top things they want to buy to make them happy.
- A monthly cleaning service (41%)
- A month-long family vacation (40%)
- A spa day (29%)