60% of people have had some sort of dispute with a neighbor. 16% say these disputes happen “many times.”
The biggest causes of neighbor disputes include:
- Households being too noisy after hours. (40%)
- Being impolite (33%)
- Boundary disputes (28%)
- Parking problems (27%)
- Noisy behavior (25%)
- Other arguments revolve around pets, outside space, and bad behavior in communal areas.
- And some disputes get so bad that 15% of people say they’ve actually called the cops on their neighbors.
- But some people are luckier than others when it comes to neighbors.
- 37% of people say they’ve actually never had any sort of conflict with the people living around them.