“Mamamia” editor Clare Stephens is sharing some things she’s learned on the way to 30.
While it won’t be smooth sailing, these tidbits of knowledge will make it a little easier:
- Don’t dye your hair at home. Leave it to the experts!
- You're not good at everything. But you're not bad at everything, either.
- Listen to your jealousy and make course corrections. It means you aren’t happy!
- If a baby is crying, move to calm it
- You're allowed to quit. That means a course, a relationship, a job, or anything
- Always sleep on the angry email. Especially when you don't want to.
- Mom was right. There really is food at home. (don’t eat out so much!)
- Don’t wait. Go on vacation, call a friend, and just go for it
- Your mistakes will be painfully humiliating. They'll also be funny.
- Ask for recommendations, and listen to them.
- People like you when you're vulnerable.