The Aesthetic Society has released its annual Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Statistics report. Americans spent over $14.6 billion dollars on aesthetic procedures last year with surgical procedures increasing 54% and non-surgical procedures up 44%.
Women accounted for 94% of all procedures.
The top surgical procedure by count was Liposuction, followed by Breast Augmentation.
The top non-surgical procedure was Neurotoxins (like Botox), followed by Dermal Fillers.
Top Surgical Procedures (By Procedure Count)
- Liposuction: 491,098
- Breast Augmentation: 364,753
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck): 242,939
- Mastopexy (Breast Lift): 167,395
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid): 149,668
- Breast Implant Removal/Replacement:147,684
Top Non-Surgical Procedures (By Procedure Count)
- Neurotoxins: 3,651,223
- Dermal Fillers: 1,857,339
- Skin Treatment (Chemical Peels, Hydrofacials, etc):1,390,149
- Hair Removal: 454,954
- Skin Treatment (Combination Lasers): 431,485