Someone on Reddit asked “Fellas, what's something you secretly love but hide because of gender stereotypes?,” with plenty of guys happy to fess up.
- "I used to crochet and knit, but then I found a girlfriend that made fun of it. It caused me to slowly stop, even though I missed it a lot.”
- "Honestly, going to Bath & Body Works is my sh*t. I’m a basic bitch for the lovely candles and lotions."
- "Definitely girly pop music. I'm pretty sure my tastes are supposed to be completely different, but they're not. I don't listen to music around other people that isn't their music."
- "I wear a more masculine cologne when I go out, but secretly I would rather be slathered up in the smell of lavender. Sh*t smells amazing."
- "I loveeee taking bubble baths. I've always thought it's weird that many men view that as being 'soft.'"
- "I don’t really hide it, but I’ve been made fun of for enjoying fruity drinks. Like, I can handle straight liquor fine but it tastes horrible to me, so I love cloaking it with fun drinks. It’s really weird the amount of people who only drink beer or 'manly' drinks who look down on fruity cocktails."
- "I have to admit that I like chick flicks sometimes. Steel Magnolias tears me the f**k up every time I watch it…but it’s a great movie. I like movies that make me feel."
- "Sitting with crossed legs the way women do. That is way more comfortable."
- "I like fluffy, little animals. Apparently, that makes me lose a point on my man card somehow."
- "I love musicals, used to hide it when I was younger, but I know all the lyrics to Hairspray and will absolutely sing along when I hear it!."
- "I love doing my nails and getting them to shine."