Someone on Reddit posed the question “What is the most heinous food crime?,” and folks were more than happy to chime in.
Food crimes include:
- "My mother microwaves salad, and I'm not talking chicken salad or egg salad. I'm talking vegetables. A full salad made of plants goes in the microwave for 60 seconds."
- "I had a girlfriend who would eat butter straight from the stick. Seriously. As if it were a candy bar."
- "My aunt stirs a spoonful of sugar into her glass of red wine. Now that is a new one for me, and it's unforgivable. An ice cube in wine is
- "My roommate eats peanut butter and mayo sandwiches, which seems like a food crime to me. Fortunately, I’ve never had to experience seeing her make or eat one."
- "Using excessive, improper toppings on pizza. Forget about pineapple — that's nothing. My wife puts mayo, egg, corn, potato and French fries on pizza like it's normal."
- "Biting into a Kit Kat whole rather than separating it into two individual sticks. A friend of mine once bit sideways into a Kit Kat bar and I was horrified."
- “Using cauliflower as a 'healthy' ingredient replacement and saying it tastes the same. Cauliflower is a great vegetable. You can make rice out of it, you can use it to bulk up a curry, you can slice and roast or fry it. But it tastes like cauliflower. It's never going to taste like potato or rice or meat. So let's not pretend.”
- “Making a burger that is so fat I can't fit my mouth around it. I want to be able to taste all of the toppings in each mouthful without ingredients falling out of the bun."
- "My roommate puts apple sauce on anything from tacos or fish to spaghetti or burgers. He will literally dunk any food into a bowl of applesauce. It's absolutely horrifying."