A new Slickdeals survey finds: Americans spend 83 hours a year looking online for the best deals. That work pays off in savings of nearly $10,000 a year!
- 68% of people find hunting for deals fun.
- 65% think there are few things as satisfying as discovering an online sale.
- And 56% are so proud of the deals they find they brag about it to friends.
- 69% also don’t keep it to themselves so others can find similar great purchases.
- And people are so proud of a bargain that 58% feel the need to tell strangers how much they’ve saved if they are complimented on their purchase.
And some folks are willing to do anything for a deal, including:
- Take an online survey (63%)
- Sign up for an email newsletter (59%)
- Sign up for a rewards program (51%)
- Sign up for text updates (50%)
- Apply for a store's credit card (28%)