24 year old Nick Holterman, who lives in Los Angeles, California, mistakenly picked up his friend's razor one morning and used it to get rid of some stubble on his chin. A few days later he started suffering from a “really bad upper respiratory infection” while his chin broke out in bumps like “spider bites.”
His doctor gave him some antibiotics, which after a few days seemed to make the situation worse. The spider bites ballooned in size and he went back to the doctor. After lots of tests he was diagnosed with impetigo, a highly contagious skin infection. Impetigo can cause kidney damage and even potentially life-threatening cellulitis if left untreated.
Then he received a prescription for a combination of two antibiotics. “I felt like I was going to throw up constantly for 2 weeks because my body’s natural bacteria and gut flora was being ravaged by three different antibiotics. I had to eat a lot of yogurt to regain those probiotics.”
Nick posted a video recently with "just want to remind everyone not to share razors or use random people’s razors. You can get an antibiotic-resistant flesh-eating bacteria that is extremely painful and oozes pus all the time. The antibiotics will make you nauseous and constipated for two weeks, and if they don’t work, you will die.”