It all started when someone on Reddit posed the question, "What’s the most 'I’m turning into my parents' moment for you?,” and folks were happy to chime in.
- "I started falling asleep during movies. I used to get so mad at my mom for doing that, now I have a job and I understand why."
- "When I was cleaning the kitchen and didn't want anyone else to help because I felt like it wouldn't be done right."
- "Yelled at my kid and at the same time saw myself out the corner of my eye in the mirror. I was yelling something my dad used to yell at me, and I look a lot like him. I hated it when I was a kid, and immediately apologized to my kid."
- "The first time 'get off of my lawn' popped in my head."
- "I rearrange the plates in the dishwasher if my boyfriend put them 'wrong' so I can do full loads and use up all the space."
- “Getting annoyed when my roommate was throwing Tupperware lids and containers into the cupboard without ANY organization."
- "When I had a cabinet full of plastic grocery bags."
- When I went through my house the other day, yelling to my two young kids, 'When you leave a room, turn the LIGHTS OFF! This costs money!' I've officially become my dad.”
- "Getting to the airport three hours before my flight leaves."
- "When I get takeout, sometimes I think, 'This is a nice container, I’m gonna keep this and add it to my Tupperware.'"
- "Calling my kids by the wrong name."