There’s good news for young kids losing their teeth. According The Original Tooth Fairy Poll conducted by Delta Dental, the value of a lost tooth is on the rise. Not only that – it’s at an all-time high.
The survey finds:
- The average cash gift for a tooth this year is $4.70, the highest amount in the poll’s 23-year history.
- It’s up from last year’s rate of $4.03.
- The new amount is four-cents higher than the poll’s previous peak in 2017, when it was $4.66.
- Kids in the Northeast nab the most dough for a lost tooth, about $5.72.
- Kids in the South earn closest to the national average, $4.45.
- Kids in the West saw an almost $2 increase, and are now getting an average of $5.54
- Kids in The Midwest once again get the least amount, only $3.66.