On November 9th the CDC issued their Thanksgiving guideline recommendations. They don't want American's to travel to see family or friends this year as Airports, bus stations, train stations, public transport, gas stations, and rest stops are all places travelers can be exposed to the virus in the air and on surfaces.
In a new survey released yesterday more than half of American's say they will be ignoring that request.
- 56% of Americans still plan to travel this Thanksgiving.
- That number is only down 14% from last year’s travel numbers.
- Of those who are traveling, 36% plan to rely on their car to get them where they are going, while 11% will take to the sky, and 9% will take trains or busses.
- Thanksgiving Day will be the busiest departure day, with 26% of folks on the road.
- 43% of people plan to leave for Thanksgiving the weekend before.
- 31% of travelers will return on November 27th, making it the busiest Thanksgiving return day.
Charleston SC is 9th most popular destination in America for Thanksgiving travel according to hotel bookings.