“USA Today” has come out with a list of the Top Ten destinations to do just that, based on feedback from their readers.
Topping the list is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, where fall colors peak during the last two weeks of September and the first week of October. Folks who drive on the M-26 along the shores of Lake Roland are likely to get the most scenic views.
Top Ten Best Destinations For Fall Foliage
- Upper Peninsula of Michigan
- Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Lauren Highlands in Pennsylvania
- White Mountains in New Hampshire
- Door County, Wisconsin
- Stowe, Vermont
- Ozark Mountain Region in Arkansas
- Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania
- Finger Lakes in New York
- Ashville, North Carolina