Man Has Tapeworm Removed From His Brain. He's Not The First In His Family

About 12 years ago a man simply identified as Gerardo visited Mexico. Doctors now believe that on that trip he ate under cooked pork and it has now come back to haunt him. He was playing soccer in December when he fainted. At the hospital they found a tapeworm in his brain is what caused him to faint. "It's very intense, very strong because it made me sweat too, sweat from the pain, pain in the head, and then, I would vomit from the pain."

Eating raw or undercooked beef or pork is the primary risk factor for becoming infected.

Most people with tapeworm infections have no symptoms or only mild symptoms

Interestingly, a tapeworm had also been found in Gerardo’s sister’s brain years earlier!

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content