According to the National Christmas Tree Association:
- Christmas Eve is the cheapest day to buy a Christmas tree, with the average price of a tree just $50 last year.
- While that may seem to be too late for almost everyone, if folks can hold out buying a tree until the week before Christmas, they’ll likely save about 29% on their tree.
- The most expensive day to buy a tree is Cyber Monday, with trees costing, on average, $84 last year.
- And don’t expect any Black Friday deals either, with the average price of a tree on that day about $79.
- As for how much folks can realistically expect to spend, the National Christmas Tree Association says the average price last year was about $78.