A new CreditCards.com survey finds:
- 61% of people with credit card debt are willing to go into more debt buying Christmas presents.
- This is particularly true for Millennials, with 52% saying they’ll add to their debt during Christmas, while 49% of Gen Xers and 34% of Baby Boomers say the same.
- 51% of people in debt believe the holidays are a good reason to increase their debt. something only 26% of those without debt say.
So, why are people willing to go into more debt for the holidays.Well, the survey notes:
- 46% say it’s to please family or friends.
- 42% do it to make themselves happy.
- 38% say it’s to please their children.
- 38% do it to make their partners happy.
On average it takes til July to pay off the Christmas debt for Americans according to CNBC. Seems like a bizarre way to make yourself happy, going into debt to the point that you have to work half a year just to get out from it.
Proverbs 21:5 The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance,but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty.