Duct tape is being used by everyone to repair everything! A new survey by Duck Brand finds:
- 51% of Americans currently have something in their house that’s being held together by duct tape.
- The average person is using duct tape as a temporary fix for seven things in their home.
- They leave the tape on for at least eight days before getting something properly fixed.
- 37% are using duct tape to fix something in their cars.
- 88% of people say duct tape is the first thing they reach for when something breaks.
- Another 78% of people believe it’s “magical.”
So, what are the most common things in homes being held together by duct tape? Well, plumbing and pipes are the most popular (48%).Other things folks are using duct tape on include:
- Hose (47%)
- Vehicle (35%)
- Toilet (34%)
- Cut/wound (32%)
- Book (26%)
- Garden tools (22%)
- Laptop/computer (21%)
- Shower (20%)
- Bike (19%)
- Cell phone (19%)