Who decides which pizza is the best? Everyone has their own opinion. So for this list of the best, BuzzFeed asked their Community to weigh in on the BEST pizza in their state. These are the pizza spots that got the most love from the locals.
From my home state I was shocked that Sally's was nudged out by Modern. But my wife and I were just at Modern a few weeks ago and if you check my Instagram (@KellyNashRadio) you can see some of our pics
- South Carolina EVO Pizzareia in North Charleston. "Fresh, local ingredients and in-house dough made every morning. Need I say more?"
- Georgia:Antico Pizza Napoletanain Atlanta. “It’s some of the best pizza you’ll ever have.”
- North Carolina Empire Pizza in Jacksonville A slice from a large pizza is about as long as a normal chain's ENTIRE large pizza. The crust is amazing and they also have really good wings.
- Tennessee Five Points Pizza NY style dough is made from scratch daily, aged in-house, hand-tossed, and topped with our hand-crushed plum tomato sauce and houseshredded mozzarella (
- New York:Artichoke Basille's Pizzain New York City. “If you ask any NYC'ers if they’ve heard of Artichoke, they’ll all say yes, and for good reason!”
- Honorable Mentions -Dani's House of Pizzain Queens and Little Vincent's in Huntington.
- Pennsylvania:Minneo'sin Pittsburgh. “ICONIC. Doughy crust with just the right amount of grease, fresh mozzarella, and a generous layer of slow-cooked tomato sauce are what you'll get here.”
- Connecticut: Frank Pepe's at multiple locations. “Frank Pepe’s is a CT staple—the White Clam pizza especially!”
- Honorable Mention -Modern Apizzain New Haven.
- Florida:Anthony's Coal Fired Pizzaat multiple locations. “It’s a chain that got its start here, but other states up north just love taking credit for our one franchise. Nope. A Florida classic, sorry guys.”
Here's the entire list
We also have a video that shows the most popular pizza spots by state.