Neighbor catches baby to save it from a fire.

When an apartment building was on fire in Anderson, South Carolina, an 11-month-old baby was dropped from a second story window to escape the flames. A neighbor on the ground caught the infant and the whole scary scene was captured on video.

Witness Ben Phillips says the baby’s mother also jumped out the window after saving her son. The fire heavily damaged the building, but no one was seriously hurt. The baby and his mom have minor injuries from jumping.

Travis Poore, a spokesman for the Anderson Fire Department said that the man who caught the baby was a Marine Vet who asked to not be publicly thanked. "He does not want praise or attention. He said he just did what he had to do".

He also helped to rescue a dog, a cat and a turtle as well. 

Source WYFF-TV

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

WCOS · SC's #1 for Country
Listen Now on iHeartRadio